Food blogger Amy James gave me the recipe for this healthy and tasty dish that you can make with Pan Roasted Chicken leftovers. She created a week-long meal plan based on the roasted chicken, Lemon Herb Potatoes, and Oven-Roasted Farmers’ Market Vegetables. In addition to this burrito bowl she suggests preparing Rosemary, Feta and Potato Grilled Pizza, Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice and a Cobb Salad.
For more of Amy’s recipes visit her blog www.OurEverydayDinners.com.
- Category: Entree
- 15 ounces can black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded and warmed
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- juice of one lime
- 2 small tomatoes
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- fresh cilantro, chives and green onions
- chopped avocado
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Combine the beans, salsa, garlic powder and cumin in a small saucepan and heat until hot.
- Place the corn in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup water and microwave, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooked corn is cool enough to handle cut the kernels off the cob.
- Whisk together the lime juice and the Greek yogurt to create a yogurt cream sauce.
- To assemble the individual servings, divide the black bean mixture between four bowls. Add the chicken. Drizzle on the yogurt cream sauce. Add the corn, cilantro, tortilla chips and tomatoes around the edge. Top with cilantro, herbs and avocado.
- Season with a little salt to taste before serving.