This roasted chicken is day one of blogger Amy James’ week of meals made leftovers. Start on Sunday with chicken,
lemon herb potatoes and roasted vegetables then use the leftovers to make Rosemary, Feta and Potato Grilled Pizza, Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl, Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice and a Cobb Salad. For more of Amy’s recipes visit her blog www.OurEverydayDinners.com.
- Category: Entree
- 10 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil in a hot skillet and cook chicken breasts on one side for 3-4 minutes, or until very brown. Don't move them around while they are browning or they won't get good and crusty. Flip the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Place the browned chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken to rest while you make the pan gravy.
- Pour the stock you can also use white wine or even water in the hot pan and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in any juices released from the resting chicken on the baking sheet. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. You can also add a tablespoon of butter or some cream at this point.