Welcome to the Team!
Jobs at P. Allen Smith
Our team is growing and we are always interested in speaking with talented professionals interested in our mission. Below you will find currently open opportunities; if you would like to submit your resume for us to keep on file for future opportunities, please send to: email@example.com.
Web Development Intern
Media Production Intern
Making the World a Healthier, Friendlier Place
We value the gifts of the earth and believe by preserving those gifts, and incorporating them into our lives, we improve the health of our families and communities. We promote this insight through landscape and garden design, community development, public television, education, social media, streaming services, speaking engagements and appearances, and a number of related businesses.
Our Main Hub
We believe in supporting the vibrancy of all communities and have been a stronghold of positive activity for the past 20 years in the Quapaw Quarter of Little Rock, now known as the Historic Governor’s Mansion District. Our downtown home is on a tree-lined street with off street parking and is within 2 minutes of I630 — making this a convenient office location for many locations in the region. A number of great restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and pubs are nearby, with the rich offerings of the River Market and downtown LIttle Rock just a few minutes away. We provide private offices to our team members and keep the day rolling with fresh coffee. Our namesake and founder is in the office daily, offering helpful guidance and interaction for percolating ideas our creatives surface. Most of our teams–design, event planning, photography, social media, TV production–are located under the same roof, allowing for creative engagements and nimble project production.
The Moss Mountain Farm Property
Internationally recognized and arresting year-round, the Moss Mountain Farm property provides inspiration and endless content capturing for all of our teams and guests. Many of our segments, pieces, events and meetings take place at this location, a private estate on 600 acres, sited 500 feet above the Arkansas River. Leisure gardens, organic vegetable gardens, rose conservancies, an apiary, aviary and multiple paths challenge our team members and guests to higher and better selves and work product. We host national and international press, conservationists, philanthropists, politicians, artists, farmers, gardeners, events, weddings, business leaders, and volunteer organizations January to December each year.
5 Fun Facts About Our Company
- We are early pioneers in the Organic Farming, Green Gardening, Preservation, Local Food, and Responsible Design movements.
- One of our core businesses is helping individuals and communities through inspiration, education and in-person experiences.
- We house a diversity of creative talent and team under one roof–all working together.
- One of our office locations is a Garden Home!
- We are located in the center of the state of Arkansas, in the center of the United States, close to the heartbeat of America with a worldview.
13 Recent Developments
- Installation of 20 pollinator gardens throughout Arkansas
- 2018 Gold Medal from the Taste Awards for Television Production Excellence
- Featured in Rizzoli’s Living Floral 2019 Book
- Awarded private garden design commission for a Fortune 500 business headquarters
- Published in the Rare Breeds Trust magazine The Arc, for animal conservation excellence
- Published in Garden & Gun as a “Must Visit” Southern destination
- Presented and Lectured at Texas Design Week in Houston
- Consulted to the garden design for Winterthur House
- Hosted “Poultry Days” at Moss Mountain Farm
- Fundraised for The Order of St. John, to provide vision and healthcare for the poor and needy
- Mentored graduate landscape and architecture students on the importance of sustainability and beauty
- Designed and installed a leisure and herb garden for a young family
- Awarded the design commission for a progressive-life garden community
A normal day on the job…
No two days are alike and bring a wide diversity of projects and challenges for our team to consider. A few recent experiences include:
Unique Strengths, Better Results
Building bridges is important to us and we believe strength comes from leadership and diversity.
P. Allen Smith and Hortus, Ltd are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.