The Cobb Salad is a classic for lunch or a light dinner. My friend Amy James gave me this recipe as part of her series for making four meals from leftovers of Pan Roasted Chicken, Lemon Herb Potatoes, and Oven-Roasted Farmers’ Market Vegetables. Also in the meal plan are Rosemary, Feta and Potato Grilled Pizza, Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl and Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice.
For more of Amy’s recipes visit her blog www.OurEverydayDinners.com.
- Category: Salad
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 strips bacon, cooked, chopped
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into chunks
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- On a large platter combine the lettuces. Arrange the blue cheese, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, chicken, and avocado on top of the greens in neat rows. To serve, drizzle salad with dressing and season with salt and pepper. There will dressing leftover for a second salad.
- Begin by crushing the cloves of garlic and chopping the onion, and then saute them in unsalted butter. For this recipe, I recommend that you use the real stuff. It makes a difference in the flavor.