Skip to content
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pomegranate au Merlot sauce (available at specialty food stores)
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch cake pan. In a large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar. Add the oil, milk, lemon juice and zest. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour in egg mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar, slice and place each piece on a dessert plate. Drizzle pomegranate au merlot sauce on each piece and serve with a scoop of strawberry sorbet.