This yummy salad is prepared with cool season vegetables that grow in both the spring and fall garden. Cuties/clementines are a cross between a mandarin and an orange. I like them because they are easy to peel and very sweet. Look for them at your grocery from Christmas through spring.
- Category: Salad
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 3 cuties, peeled, sectioned
- spinach, washed
- large hand ful arugula, washed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place hazelnuts on a metal cookie sheet with a rim. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- To remove the papery skins dump the hot hazelnuts into a dish towel and rub vigorously. Don't worry if you can't remove all the skins. Set aside to cool and then chop.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and parsley. Slowly add the oils, whisking as you pour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad ingredients with the vinaigrette.