Have you ever had to replace a fence panel and the new wood up against the weathered wood just didn’t look right? I have a solution. It’s an all-natural wood stain that you can make with ingredients you probably have lying around the house.
Wood Stain: What You’ll Need
- Quart jar with lid
- ½ cup coffee grounds (already used)
- Steel wool pad (If you have steel wool that has soap in it, make sure you rinse out all of the soap before using it for this project.)
- White vinegar
- Put the coffee grounds in the jar.
- Cut a steel wool pad into 4 pieces and place in the jar with the coffee grounds.
- Fill the jar with white vinegar.
- Seal the jar and let sit for at least 24 hours before using.
- When you’re ready to stain, pull a piece of steel wool out of the jar and apply the stain to your wood, making sure it’s fully saturated. Let dry and then apply one more coat. It takes about 30 minutes the stain to take effect.
For more information on wood stain and other projects, check out the YouTube videos below!