Time has an effect on how objects appear in the garden. Garden ornaments always look more harmonious and "comfortable" in a garden with a patina of age.
One way to get an instant aged look to new containers and garden ornaments is to grunge them. Here’s how.
- Earth tone latex paint (gray-green, taupe)
- Container for mixing paint and water
- Paint brush
- Sponge or rag
- Container or garden ornament made of concrete or terra cotta
- Make a solution of 50/50 latex paint and water. Then just paint it on with the brush.
- Before it dries, wipe off most of the paint with damp sponge or rag, leaving some down in the cracks and crevices.
- Finally rub the surface with weeds to give it green highlights.