I am a huge fan of Brussels sprouts. I try to grow them in my raised vegetable beds every year.
The key to cooking Brussels sprouts is to not over do it. I believe that more people have been turned off this otherwise tasty vegetable because they have only experienced them at their worse – soggy and over cooked.
This recipe is always a success because it is so easy. Dinner guest will be delightfully surprised when they are reintroduced to this more delectable version of their childhood nemesis – the Brussels sprout!
- Category: Side Dishes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Kosher Salt I like a lot of salt. You can reduce this amount to suit your taste or even leave it out.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Wash sprouts, remove outer leaves and place in a 19" x 11" roasting pan.
- Drizzle sprouts with olive oil until lightly coated. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place pan in preheated oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes turning occasionally. Remove from oven when outer leaves are golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.