Do you end up with leftover wine after a party? Our friend and modern pioneer Georgia Pellegrini shows us how to make tasty popsicles with red wine. You can watch the recipe in action here.
- Category: Dessert
- 3 1/2 cups red wine (equal to one 750 mL bottle)
- ounce Peel of one orange
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- 8 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- popsicle molds
- popsicle sticks
- Heat all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir, lower the heat, bring to a simmer, and reduce the liquid until you have one cup remaining, about 15 minutes. Reducing it to this point is important because the freezing point of wine is lower than water, so the alcohol content must be cooked down.
- Remove from the heat and let the liquid cool for 20 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Stir in 3 cups of water.
- Carefully ladle the liquid into the popsicle molds, place a popsicle stick in each one, and freeze overnight.