Make a statement at your next party with flowers and not just in the center of the table. If you’re looking for a clever, inexpensive favor for your guests, try these edible flower lollipops that will have everyone talking. Try this recipe from author, chef, and modern-day pioneer Georgia Pellegrini.
Materials & Ingredients:
- Silicone lollipop mold
- Lollipop sticks
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 drops food coloring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon extract of your choice
- Fresh herbs
- Fresh edible flowers
- Spray the silicone lollipop mold.
- Add fresh herbs and flower petals to the mold in whatever combination or pattern you’d like.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the temperature reaches 300˚F on a candy thermometer*.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool until the simmering stops.
- Stir in your flavoring elements and food coloring (optional).
- Working quickly, add the candy mixture to the molds by the spoonful. If the mixture starts to harden, you can put it back on the heat until it softens.
- Once the molds are full, set aside for a few hours until the lollipops are fully hardened.
- Remove from the mold. For party favors, wrap in plastic and place a bow on them.
*If you do not have a candy thermometer, use an ice bath to test the candy mixture. Drop a spoonful of the mixture into ice cold water. When it is brittle and snaps in half, your mixture is ready to go.
Watch as Georgia shows you how to make these wonderfully whimsical treats.