This sorbet recipe calls for Balsamic vinegar in lieu of lemon or lime juice, giving a nice tart flavor that is the perfect way to top off any meal, especially if you have over indulged on the main course.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- mint sprigs and sliced strawberries for garnish
- Pour 1 cup water into a small sauce pan and add the sugar.
- Over a low heat, stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Then bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove syrup from heat and allow to cool. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. To remove the seeds, pass the blended strawberries through a sieve. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Once syrup and strawberries have chilled, combine the two and add the Balsamic vinegar.
- Pour solution into an ice cream freezer and rotate freezer as you would if you were making homemade ice cream. Transfer the firm sorbet into a container and place in the freezer.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the solution into a shallow dish and freeze until sorbet is frozen around the edges. Remove from freezer, mix until smooth and refreeze until almost solid. Repeat this process two more times.
- Serve cold, garnished with a sprig of mint and sliced strawberries.