Eating strawberries has always been a treat for me. When I was a kid, I can remember picking them with my Grandmother Smith in a huge patch that seemed to go on forever. I suppose I’ll always have a passion for this delicious little fruit. I like them anyway they are prepared.
This recipe for strawberry pizza is one of my favorites and you’ll find kids of all ages will love it.
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Blend all of the ingredients for the crust together and press the dough into the bottom of the 9-inch pie pan until it's evenly distributed. Don't worry about greasing the pan. Then just bake it in a pre-heated 375 degree oven until golden brown. When done baking, remove the piecrust from the oven and allow it to cool.
- The filling is 16 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. You can use light cream cheese and it will tastes just as delicious. Simply blend the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Next spread the cream cheese filling over your cooled piecrust.
- Now for the finale. In a medium saucepan sweeten the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar, then add the cornstarch and bring all of this to a simmer. When the mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool, and then spread it over the cream cheese filling.
- Top with fresh, sliced strawberries and chill for 1 hour.
- This recipe makes two 9-inch pizzas.