This roasted pineapple is simple to prepare and will satisfy even the most sophisticated sweet tooth. As an added bonus pineapple is good for you too. It’s load with fiber and Vitamins B1 & C. The enzyme Bromelain found in pineapple is an anti-inflammatory and digestive aid. Serve this with a dollop of creme fraiche or Greek yogurt and a sprig of mint.
- Category: Dessert
- 2 ripe pineapples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the pineapple wedges in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 cup of orange juice and 1/4 cup of honey in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the mixture until warm, about 15 seconds. Pour the mixture over the pineapple wedges and set aside for 30 minutes. Toss a few times so the pineapple really soaks up the juice and honey.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the pineapple wedges on the baking sheet in a single layer. Set aside the left over juice for later.
- Roast the pineapple for about 5 to 10 minutes, turn the pineapple wedges, and roast for another 5 to 10 more minutes or until they're tender.
- Now, arrange them on a large plate and drizzle the remaining juice on top and serve warm.