No time for homemade pumpkin pie? This recipe is a super quick alternative. You basically dump everything into a cake pan and bake! The result is a gooey, pumpkin pie bottom layer with a rich, buttery topping. Not very cake like, but it sure is good.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
- 1 can evaporate milk 12 oz.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 package yellow cake mix 18.25 oz
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and spices in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Once blended, pour the batter into a greased 9-inch x 13-inch cake pan.
- Scatter the dry cake mix evenly over the batter. Do not stir, just leave the cake mix sitting on top of the batter.
- Top with the chopped pecans and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes. The top with be golden brown and crisp when done.