Fresh corn from the Farmers’ Market is an all-American treat. It’s ideal for eating many ways, from corn on the cob to a delicious summer corn pudding, like this one I am preparing.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 6 ears of corn, cut off from the cob (about 3 cups)
- 1 minced garlic
- 1/2 salt
- 1 olive oil
- 1 butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 flour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- To get started, shuck 6 ears of corn and remove the corn from the cob with a knife and scrape each cob to get all of the milk. This makes about 3 cups. Then add the chopped onion and minced garlic along with the salt and pepper.
- Saute all of this together over medium heat for about 10 minutes in olive oil and butter. and to give it a little extra zip, add the chicken bullion cubes.
- Next combine the eggs, milk, flour and grated Parmesan cheese and blend all together. Be sure the corn saute is cooled, then add it to the mixture. For the final ingredient, fold in the fresh coarsely chopped basil.
- Blend this together and put it in a 1 quart baking dish that has been greased and bake it for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.