This “cobbler” is actually individual peaches stuffed with pie filling, topped with a pecan crumble.
- Category: Dessert
- 6 fresh peaches
- 2 cans quality peach pie filling
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse each peach with cold water, let dry on a kitchen towel.
- Take each peach, cut a small piece off the bottom, about the size of a quarter, to allow the peach to stand on its own.
- Now you are going to remove the stones and create a cavity to hold the cobbler filling. Using a thin paring knife cut a circle into the top of each peach. You want to cut all the way around the stone. Scoop out the flesh to expose the stone. Twist the stone and gently remove it from the peach.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, room temperature butter and pecans together. Top each peach with a generous mound of the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over and around the side of the peaches.
- Bake cobblers for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- With a small spoon, clean out the opening of each peach and place them in a small baking dish.
- Fill each peach with the pie filling. There is no exact measurement, just divide the filling between all the peaches.