Skip to content
- 1 cup water
- 4 bags earl grey tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup bourbon
- 2 limes
- 1 cup sweet mint, stems and leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chilled sparkling water
- crushed ice
- Heat 1 cup of water until on the verge of boiling. Remove from heat. Steep the 4 bags of tea in the water for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, bring tea to a boil and stir in 1 cup of sugar until dissolved and reduce heat. Continue to stir for about 10 minutes until the liquid reduces by half. But don't let it get too thick!
- Remove from heat. Add 1 cup of bourbon and the juice from 2 limes.
- Place the 2 squeezed limes and 1 cup of sweet mint stems in a pitcher. I left the leaves on the stems and tied the stems into a bundle with a sprig of mint.
- Pour the warm bourbon mixture into the pitcher over the mint and limes. Cover and place in the refrigerator until cooled.
- When ready to serve, uncover and remove the mint and limes. Add 1 1/2 cups of chilled sparkling water and stir.
- Serve in an 8 ounce glass or metal mug packed with crushed ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint and lime wedge.