I was honored to have James Beard Award nominee and local-food advocate Ashley Christensen of Poole’s Downtown Diner prepare the meal for the fall 2010 Tale of Two Farms dinner. She served up a delightful meal prepared with ingredients grown at the farm.
On Friday we went to the One Acre Vegetable Garden and dug sweet potatoes. By Saturday night she had transformed them into this yummy dish. It’s simple to prepare and so good you’ll want to make enough for two helpings per person.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 6 -8 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 pound butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 pinches salt
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven at 350°F. Bake until they are tender. This usually takes 50 minutes, depending on the size.
- Add butter, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and salt to a mixing bowl, Blend for about a minute and a half.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and slice the top open. Add a dollop of butter mixture and serve.