In this soup recipe, sweet potatoes get some extra zip with hot peppers. Both vegetables are plentiful in late summer and fall.
- Category: Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 hot pepper, diced, seeded
- 1 small red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes and pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Discard the thyme.
- Transfer soup to a blender and process until smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
- Return soup to stock pot and heat through.
- Ladle hot soup into a bowl and top with a dash of curry.