I love sitting around the fire after a big meal, swapping stories with loved ones. Usually, a round of coffee will help to keep us all up instead of going into a food coma. This year, I’ve added a few special ingredients to my go-to Westrock coffee for a festive, flavorful beverage.
- Category: Drinks
- 20 ounces Westrock Dark Roast Coffee, prepared
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Whipped cream for topping
- Curled orange peel for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine maple syrup, orange extract, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and let simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the orange juice.
- When ready to serve, brew a fresh pot of Westrock coffee.
- While coffee is brewing, fill 4 mugs with hot water to warm the mugs.
- When coffee is ready, pour out the hot water and fill mugs with 5 ounces coffee and up to 1 tablespoon of the spiced syrup.
- Top with whipped cream, then drizzle spiced syrup over the top.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
For an Adults-Only Version
- Add 1 ounce each of Cointreau and Frangelico to each cup of coffee in place of the syrup. Stir to combine. Drizzle the syrup over the whipped cream before serving.