- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 and 3/4 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 12 ounces soy milk
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch, deep dish
- whipped cream
- Start by mixing the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. In another larger bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the sweet potatoes and sugar-spice mixture then gradually stir in the soy milk.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell and bake in a preheated oven at 450° F for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving!