When shaved beets meet a honey and vinegar marinade, they are twice as nice! This sweet and simple salad adds the flavors of carrots and radishes for extra crunch. Mix it all with fresh parsley, and you’ll have a healthy snack or an appetizing first course to share with friends.
- 4 ‘Touchstone Gold’ beets
- 4 ‘Merlin’ beets
- 4 carrots
- 1 small bunch of radishes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Thinly slice on a beets, radishes and carrots on a mandolin.
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to make dressing. Toss with beets and marinate 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley before serving.