Often, we looking for ways to feel lighter when it comes to our meals. There’s no need to go to extremes. By adding more fruits and veggies to your diet, you’ll start to have more energy, and those junk food cravings should start to wane.
The Ruby Smoothie gets its beautiful color from beets, blood oranges, and raspberries, among other fruits and veggies, which also pack in a big dose of vitamins and minerals. The flax and hemp seeds are loaded with fiber, which will help fill you up, and keep your cravings at bay. Sub this smoothie for your usual breakfast or lunch every now and then for a lighter option.
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- 1 teaspoon hemp seed
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cranberry-pomegranate juice
- In a juicer, juice the oranges, carrots, beets and ginger.
- Pour the juice into ice cube trays and freeze overnight (the recipe makes more than you need, so store the rest in a freezer safe ziploc bag for smoothies any time you want).
- When you're ready to make the smoothie, add a handful of the juice cubes to a blender, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend.