There are certain recipes that have become favorites of mine over the years and they can always lure me back into the kitchen. One of these is for a simple cookie and it includes one of my favorite herbs, rosemary.It all begins with a basic sugar or butter cookie recipe of your choice.
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Blend together the butter, shortening, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Sift flour into the mixture then add the other dry ingredients; the cream of tartar, soda and salt, and blend together.
- Next add the most important ingredient at least when it comes to flavor, 2 scant teaspoons of fresh chopped rosemary.
- Form the dough into small balls and place them on an un-greased baking sheet. Press the balls flat with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar. This gives them a nice crunchy glaze.
- Bake them in a pre-heated 400 degree F oven for only about 8 minutes. It's a good idea to loosen the cookies as soon as you take them from the oven. This is a great way to enjoy both the flavor and aroma of rosemary.