Whipping up a frittata is so easy and makes the perfect meal for any time of the day.
This dish is great for preparing extra rice, pasta or potatoes. and it’s tasty, too!
When I make it, I love using Ralston Family Farms rice.
- Category: Entree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, half-and-half, or cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cheese of choice, such as Swiss, shredded cheddar blends or even cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked leftover vegetables such as tomato, onion, broccoli, asparagus, roasted peppers and mushrooms or 1/2
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooked pasta or cooked sliced potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs of choice or 2 tbs. fresh
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup diced meat of choice, such as ham, sausage, prosciutto or bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Add the herbs, caynenne, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk to combine.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add the oil.
- Whisk the rice/pasta/potatoes, meat and vegetables into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the hot oil and cook, moving the eggs from the outside into the center of the pan as they cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the mixture is mostly set.
- Place under the broiler and cook until puffed and golden brown.
- Slide from the pan onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve with a salad or fruit.