Arkansas chef and restaurateur Scott McGehee prepared this yummy chili at a Moss Mountain Farm Halloween party. We served it topped with a little fried sage and sour cream and a thick slice of corn and green chili cornbread. Delish!
- Category: Entree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and diced
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion and cook until tender.
- Pour the water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, white beans, pumpkin, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, chipotle, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.