Whenever I cook I try to stick to a few basic principles. The first one is to keep it simple and the second is to use the freshest ingredients possible. A little bit of olive oil, garlic and herbs are all you need to make this outstanding prime rib.
- Category: Entree
- 1 3-pound prime rib
- 2 olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 salt
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- rosemary, thyme and sage
- Coat the prime rib in olive oil and rub with the pressed garlic. Evenly distribute the salt and sprinkle with a generous amount of black pepper.
- Place a bed of rosemary, thyme and sage on top of the rack in your roasting pan. I used three or four stems of rosemary, a bundle of thyme and a large handful of sage. Place the prime rib on top of the herbs. Cover the prime rib with more herbs.
- Place the roasting pan in a preheated 425 degree F oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 degree F and continue to cook for an hour. I like my beef medium rare so it will be ready when the internal temperature is 140 degree F. At that point take the prime rib out of the oven and remove the herbal topping. Let it rest for about 10 minutes. Then you'll have a beautiful piece of meat to slice and enjoy.