I’ve never met anyone who didn’t love pound cake. This dense, moist cake gets its name from its ingredients – a pound of sugar, a pound of butter and a pound of flour. This recipe has just a little bit of a twist that comes from the herb garden.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh pineapple sage, chopped
- 4 tablespoons pineapple, chopped, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Using an electric beater combine 1 cup butter with 1 cup sugar until the consistency is light and fluffy. Beat in ¼ cup of honey.
- Next add the eggs one at a time, beating one minute per egg to thoroughly incorporate.
- Add 3 tablespoons chopped pineapple sage leaves, 4 tablespoons chopped pineapple and 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Make sure all the juice is drained out of the pineapple to keep from adding additional moisture to the batter.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 2 cups of flour.
- Spoon the batter into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.