Like any good Southerner I love pimento cheese. The tangy blend of sharp cheddar, mayo and pimentos adds flare to just about anything from a saltine to a burger. Chef Regina Charboneau puts her stamp on this classic by using Peppadew peppers, cream cheese and spices. Peppadews are pickled peppers that you can find at gourmet shops and groceries.
- Category: Appetizer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup diced peppadew
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Using a wooden spoon blend cream cheese with mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne and onion powder.
- Add the Peppadew and stir blending evenly then add cheese, then add fresh ground pepper.
- This can be baked in a ramekin and served with chips for a dip- it is great on hamburgers, a BLT or served between fried green tomatoes or as a classic sandwich.