This is a great cake for any time of the year. It’s really light and fresh; delicious with a cup of hot tea and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- 1/4 cup cointreau
- 1 pint marmalade
- 3 yellow layer cakes
- 10 -ounce package marscapone cheese (room temperature)
- almonds, slivered
- clementines, peeled, sliced
- Mix the Cointreau and marmalade. Warm in the microwave or on the stove.
- Mix just a bit of honey with the Mascarpone cheese to soften.
- Spread a generous amount of marmalade evenly across the bottom layer of cake. Add a layer of Mascarpone cheese. Top with almond slivers and then slices of peeled clementine.
- Add the second layer of yellow cake and repeat the marmalade, cheese, almonds and clementines.
- Top with the third yellow cake. Cover the cake with marmalade, sprinkle with almonds and decorate with remaining clementine slices.
- Brush the sides of the cake with marmalade so they won't dry out.