Chef Merrill Bruce Cain at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson, Mississippi shared this delectable appetizer recipe that combines fresh vegetables and herbs with artichoke hearts, shrimp and a creamy cheese sauce.
- Category: Appetizer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan. Add the shrimp and cook until just pink. Don't cook them too much or they will be tough by the time the dip is complete.
- Add the artichoke hearts, bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cream and cheese.
- Simmer on low until everything is well blended, smooth and bubbly.
- Toss in the parsley and green onions to give the dip extra color and flavor.
- Season to taste with black pepper and serve hot with crostini or flat bread.