Have you ever tried rice grits? They have a different texture than regular corn grits, and they are just as good. Check out Chef Matt Bell’s recipe for BBQ Shrimp and Grits made with Ralston Family Farms Basmati brown rice.
- Category: Entree
- 1 cup brown basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 pound large (33/35 count) shrimp
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 pound butter
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, finely ground
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pulse uncooked rice in a blender until it’s broken down from being whole rice.
- Pour water, milk, 1/2 cup chicken stock, and ground basmati rice into a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove grits from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine 1/2 lb melted butter, zest of 2 lemons, and 4-6 ground garlic cloves.
- Add garlic butter to grits and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring pan to medium heat with thin layer of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, place shrimp in pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- While shrimp is cooking, strain the stock and reserve.
- Once the shrimp are flipped, reduce with ½ cup of the Worcestershire stock. Reduce the heat and add additional herbs and garlic butter to taste.