Skip to content
- 1 bunch kale, leaves only, stalks and veins trimmed (any leafy green can be substituted depending on flavor preference)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 5 1/2 cups mint leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil; add kale leaves and blanch until just wilted, about 30-45 seconds.
- Immediately drain and rinse with cold water; squeeze dry.
- Place kale, basil, parsley, mint, and garlic in food processor; process until almost smooth.
- Gradually add olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Before storage, add a layer of olive oil to the top of your pesto to prevent browning.