This easy Harvest Mulled Wine is a huge hit at parties. The recipe uses red wine and seasonal spices and can be prepared in the crockpot. As an added bonus, the sweet aroma of cinnamon, cranberries and other holiday spices will greet your guests as they arrive.
- Serves: 8
- 1 bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 to 5 sprigs of rosemary
- Pour the red wine, apple cider and honey into the crockpot on high heat. Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and heat until it reaches a simmer.Turn the dial to warm and let sit for about 30 minutes before serving. (The apple cider will want to separate when the temperature reaches a boil. It won't change the taste profile, but will affect appearance.
- You can strain the wine before serving, or not.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of rosemary and a few cranberries
- NOTE: You can double the recipe, but the actual whole spices do not have to be doubled.