Chef Jerri Myers at the Viking Cooking School shares one of her favorite salad recipes. Hot mustard, red pepper flakes and fresh garlic give the dressing a little kick!
- Category: Salad
- 1 tablespoon sweet hot mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 cups mixed greens, rinsed, spun dry and crisped
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, red pepper flakes and vinegar.
- While whisking constantly and vigorously, drizzle in the oil; continue whisking until the oil is fully incorporated and the dressing is slightly thickened and emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce in a salad bowl, and toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Divide the salad evenly among chilled salad plates; garnish each with toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.