There are some dishes that are just so reliable that I find myself serving them over and over again. This golden rice pilaf has always been a hit with my guests, and I can’t get enough of the wonderful aroma that it fills the room with. I like to use golden rice from Ralston Family Farms in this dish. Check out their website to learn more about their artisanal and sustainable rice products!
- Category: Side Dishes
- 1 cup uncooked golden rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add rice, cover, and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes without removing the lid.
- After 45 minutes, turn off heat and let the pot of rice sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, in large non-stick skillet, heat oil and add onion, celery, and carrot. Saute over medium-high heat until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in the herbs.
- Add vegetable mixture to cooked rice, fluff with a fork, and serve immediately.