If you want to serve turnips as a side dish this recipe from Chef Regina Charboneau is an incredibly simple and delicious way to prepare them. The key to this recipe is a cast iron skillet.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 6 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup pure cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon Mccormick's Montreal seasoning
- olive oil
- Toss the prepared turnips in the cane syrup and Montreal Seasoning.
- Heat skillet over a medium heat with just enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Add the turnips and Sauté for a few minutes.
- Transfer the skillet and turnips to a preheated 400 degree F oven and roast for 20 minutes. When a fork is easily inserted through the center they are done.