Christiana Campbell’s Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg is known for its seafood. In fact, it was George Washington’s preferred seafood restaurant. I received this recipe from Chef Linwood Blizzard, it’s reportedly one of Washington’s favorites.
- Category: Entree
- 1/4 pound butter
- 20 to 30 scallops
- 16 to 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat, cooked
- 3 large green peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, cut diagonally
- 1 1/2 pounds green peas
- 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 16 fluid ounces taylor's sherry
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts whipping cream
- 1 pound box brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- Prep all the vegetables and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add butter. Once the butter starts to foam add the scallops and shrimp. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes then add lobster meat, vegetables, sherry, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cook for three to five minutes and add cream. Cook for one minute allowing the sauce to thicken a little. Check seasoning to taste.
- Place the hot, cooked rice around or in the center of large casserole dish. Top with the seafood fricassee and serve piping hot.\"