This light and fresh recipe is a healthy way to use the ‘Sweet Hearts’ grape tomatoes growing in your garden. It’s easy to prepare as the first course for a casual evening meal with friends.
- Serves: 2
- 2 cups of ‘Sweet Hearts’ grape tomatoes, about 1 lb
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce or fresh spinach
- In mixing bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Add chopped tomatoes and sliced onions, gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate and marinate up to one hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve over lettuce or your favorite greens.