Here is an easy recipe for one of my favorite snacks. Loaded with garlic it not only tastes great but will keep you healthy as well.
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons Tahini. (This is sesame butter. You can find it at any health or international food store.)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive or hazelnut oil
- salt, to taste
- Kalamta olives and cilantro to garnish
- Rinse the chickpeas under cold water.
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and oil in food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes to allow all the flavors to blend. I find it is best when allowed to sit overnight.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and Kalamta olives and serve with flat bread.