If you’re in the mood for a flavorful dish that you can make in under an hour, look no further! Our friends at Ralston Family Farms have the perfect recipe. Made best with Red Rice, Delta Dirty Rice is a savory, delicious dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cavender's or all-purpose greek seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked red rice
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add the ground pork and brown it.
- Stir in bell pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard seed, Cavender's, and salt.
- Stir in uncooked rice and add water.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.