I love the flavor of cranberries and I’m always looking for unique ways to use them. Recently, I came across a recipe for a cranberry salsa. Now I know we usually don’t associate salsa with the holidays or cranberries, but this is a delicious, easy to make recipe that doesn’t take much time.
- Category: Sauces Jams And Preserves
- 12 ounces bag of cranberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 minced jalapeno peppers - minced
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Begin by blanching the cranberries. Now this only takes a few minutes. You want to cook them only long enough for them to begin to pop and split open.
- Drain them in a colander, and then put them in the blender.
- Next add the remaining ingredients to the blender - the fresh chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Then add the minced jalapeno peppers and grated onion to give the salsa some zip and the sugar to bring it all into balance.
- Blend this together, then put it in a container and chill it in the refrigerator. That's all there is to it. It's delicious served with cream cheese and crackers.