So many things we eat around the holidays are American originals, like pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, turkey as well as cranberries. This unique berry was traditionally grown in New England in water filled bogs but now is grown in other states as well.
Cranberries are harvested in the fall by machines that knocked the fruit from the plants and stored by floating the berries in water. Once they are packaged, they are shipped off to all parts of the country to be sold for holiday cooking.
- Category: Sauces Jams And Preserves
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 orange
- Rinse the berries well and drain.
- Quarter the orange and remove any seeds if necessary and put it into the processor, peel and all.
- Add the cranberries and process. Be careful not to run this too long. Relish needs to have some texture.
- Transfer this over to another bowl and fold in the honey.
- The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it up ahead of time, store it in the refrigerator and it is best served chilled.
- It is the perfect complement to so many of the other favorites we enjoy at during the holidays.