This soup recipe combines the sweet flavor of carrot juice with savory leeks, tangy orange juice and spicy ginger.
I love this soup recipe because it is so easy to prepare and delicious. It is a cold soup and I know a lot of people are hesitant to try these. But the flavor is outstanding, savory and tangy at the same time.
It is an excellent choice as a first course for a brunch or a light lunch.
- Category: Soup
- 8 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups orange juice
- salt and pepper
- mint and sliced orange for garnish
- Bring the 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of butter to a slight boil.
- Add the carrots, leeks and ginger and cook over a medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Place the soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Return the blended mixture to saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of orange juice or as much as you want to create the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and bring this just to a boil. Remove from heat and put in the refrigerator to chill. When it's time to serve the soup, garnished with a slice of orange and just a few fresh mint leaves.