In the midst of summer, I often find myself with an abundance of ripe tomatoes that I love making fresh tomato juice with. Sometimes that fresh tomato juice becomes a delicious bloody Mary!
- Category: Drinks
- 2 Red Tomatoes, Quartered
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- Pulse tomatoes in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Strain before serving.
- For the rim salt, use 1 tbsp kosher salt, 1 tbsp celery salt, 1 tbsp smoked paprika and lemon slices. Combine ingredients and pour in small plate. Rub lemon slice along the edge of glass then dip into the salt mixture. Serve with celery or other garnish.