This dish capitalizes on the classic combination of tomatoes and basil. I always have cherry tomatoes and basil growing in my summer vegetable garden so it’s one of those dishes that comes straight from the garden. I love that!
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the tomatoes, olive oil and garlic in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Toss everything together to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes minutes.
- The tomatoes should be plump and soft, but not mushy.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and top with Parmesan and basil.
- Serve hot or warm with crusty slices of bread, focaccia or crackers.