My Aunt Genny makes the best salsa from vegetables she grows in her garden. It’s a great for canning so it can be enjoyed even after the summer vegetable garden has faded.
To learn more about how to use a water bath safely visit the USDA’s website on the subject at canning guide.
- Category: Sauces Jams And Preserves
- 1 gallon peeled real ripe red tomatoes (needs to be 1 gallon after peeling)
- 2 large onions chopped fine
- 5 Jalapeno peppers chopped fine (some can be red)
- 1 sweet pepper chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic chips
- Salt and pepper
- Put peeled tomatoes in pot and squeeze juice out into pot. Bring to a boil. Add chopped onion, Jalapenos, sweet pepper, garlic chips, and salt and pepper.
- Cook down until it gets thick.
- You should have your lids, rings, and jars washed and in a pan of hot water. When the salsa is done, put in jars and put the lids on.
- Process the sealed jars in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.