My Aunt Genny makes the best salsa from vegetables she grows in her garden. It’s great for canning so it can be enjoyed even after the summer vegetable garden has faded.
To learn more about how to use a water bath safely visit the USDA’s website on the subject at canning guide.
- Category: Sauces Jams And Preserves
- 1 gallon peeled real ripe red tomatoes (needs to be 1 gallon after peeling)
- 2 large onions chopped fine
- 5 Jalapeno peppers chopped fine (some can be red)
- 1 sweet pepper chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic chips
- Salt and pepper
- Put peeled tomatoes in pot and squeeze juice out into pot. Bring to a boil. Add chopped onion, Jalapenos, sweet pepper, garlic chips, and salt and pepper.
- Cook down until it gets thick.
- You should have your lids, rings, and jars washed and in a pan of hot water. When the salsa is done, put in jars and put the lids on.
- Process the sealed jars in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.