Skip to content
- 1 shallot, chopped coarse
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, separated
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- Place shallot, garlic, Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in a blender and pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped. Add the remaining balsamic vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Add a little salt and freshly ground pepper, then start the blender again. With the blender still running, slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Refrigerate the dressing overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, toss the dressing with 6 cups of fresh arugula and top with the hazelnuts.