This pie is exceptionally easy to prepare. Just mix applesauce with eggs, sugar and cinnamon, pour into a pie shell and bake! I love to make it for afternoon tea.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Place your pie shell in a 9-inch pie pan. I use a pre-made crust if I am in a hurry. Rub the crust with the softened butter and place in the refrigerator until the filling is ready.
- Combine the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Fold the applesauce and vanilla into the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Remove your pie shell from the refrigerator and pour in the filling.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and place the pie in a preheated 450 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 30 minutes or until the center is set.